Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy at its January 12 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Pharmacy held its meeting on Wednesday, January 12, 2011.
The Board voted to deny the following applications for licensure:
- Kenneth W. Newman, Lithia Springs: Pharmacist Reciprocity
- Robert J. Tucker, Valdosta: Pharmacist Reciprocity
- James C. Mitchell Jr., Newport News, VA: Pharmacist Renewal
The Board approved the following continuing education providers and classes:
- John B Amos Cancer Center: Updated in GYN Oncology (.5 hr), Update on PNH: Testing the appropriate patient and treatment (1 hr)
The Board voted to post the following rules:
- Rule 480-15-.01 Definitions
- Rule 480-15-.02 Registration of Pharmacy Technicians
- 480-15-.02. 03 Use of Registered Pharmacy Technicians and Other Pharmacy Personnel.
- 480-15-.04 Duties of the Pharmacist in Charge Related to Registered Pharmacy Technicians.
- 480-15-.03 .05 Duties or Functions Prohibited from Being Performed by a Registered Pharmacy Technician.
The Georgia Board of Pharmacy will hold its next meeting Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon.