|For Immediate Release
April 20, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Professionals with licensing inquiries should contact
Director of Media Relations
the Professional Licensing Boards at 478-207-2440
Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy at its April 15 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy met on Wednesday, April 15, 2009.
The Board accepted consent orders on the following:
- Corner Pharmacy, Duluth: Fined $5,000 and placed on three years probationary licensure.
- Familee Pharmacy, Duluth: Fined $5,000 and placed on three years probationary licensure.
- Southside Discount Drug Corporation, Milledgeville: Fined $5,000.
- Roy B. Braddy, Milledgeville: Fined $5,000 and placed on five years probationary licensure.
- Michael L. Lillard, Milledgeville: Fined $1,000 fine and required to take additional continuing education.
- James L. Loftin, Savannah: Placed on ten years probation.
- William H. McGill, Adel: Placed on three years probation.
- Nan M. Rhinehart, Fairmont: Fined $500.
- James W. Richards, Chatsworth: Fined $500.
The Board voted to post two rule amendments as follows:
- 480-21-.04 Physical Requirements: Removes the requirement for minimum space of 150 square feet for the designated area to prepare compounded sterile parenteral products.
- 480-16-.03(1) Return of Previously Dispensed Drugs or Devices: Allows pharmacists or pharmacies to accept unused portions of previously dispended drugs for disposal purposes.
The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy will hold its next meeting Wednesday, May 13 and Tuesday, May 14, 2009 at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.