Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors at its November 9 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors met on Tuesday, November 9, 2010.
The Board reviewed and approved 100 applicants seeking registration as a professional engineer by comity; seven applications for regular applicants seeking certification as a professional engineer; 24 engineers-in-training; three land surveyors; two applications for reinstatement as a professional engineer; 30 applications for professional engineer firms; and seven applications for land surveyor firms.
The Board voted to accept the following cease and desist orders for unlicensed practice:
- Scott Smelter, Norcross
- Corey Yarbrough d/b/a Tuckers Construction Surveying, Inc., Pembroke
- Duane Smith d/b/a Mount Valley Foundation Services, Inc., Columbia, SC
The Board voted to accept the following consent orders:
- Richard Powell, Pelham: $1,000 fine; 12 month probationary licensure.
- Adolph Michelis, Sylvania: $1,000 fine; 24 month probationary licensure.
- United Consulting Group LTD, Norcross: $500 fine.
- Jason Faircloth, Saint Simon’s Island: Probationary licensure concurrent with criminal probation; must submit documentation of required continuing education; must undergo and report results of semi-annual drug testing.
- Maurice Ukadike, Jonesboro: $5,000 fine; 24 month probationary licensure.
- Jose Rivera, Plano, TX: $500 fine; 12 month probationary licensure.
The Board voted to accept the following voluntary surrender:
- The Vail Consulting Company, Marietta
The Board voted to terminate the probationary status for the following licensee:
- Edwin Russell Koons, Peachtree City
The Board voted to suspend/deny the following licenses/applications for failure to repay a student loan or fulfill a child support obligation:
- Anthony F. Fisher
- James M. Goodwin
- Edgar W. Matthews
- Brian K. McChargue
- Matthew L. Renauit
The Georgia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors will hold its next meeting Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 9:30 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.