|For Immediate Release
October 16, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Director of Media Relations
Professionals with licensing inquiries should contact
the Professional Licensing Boards at 478-207-2440
Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology at its October 14 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology met on Wednesday, October 14, 2009.
The Board voted to add the following individual to the approved translator’s list:
The Board voted to approve the following continuing education providers:
- Airbrush CEU, Greenwood, SC
- ProDesign International Grund, Ventura, CA
The Board voted to approve additional continuing education classes for the following continuing education providers:
- Matrix School of Metaphysical Healing, Decatur
- Informed, Jacksonville, FL
The Board voted to accept consent agreements for licensure from the following individuals:
- Ghiltina Terrell d/b/a Class Act Designs, Conyers
- Lisa Renee Brown, Decatur
- Rose Poe d/b/a Rose’s Hair Salon, Fitzgerald
- Melissa Dawn Kemp, Kennesaw
- Debra Boatwright d/b/a Magic Fingers Salon, Moultrie
- Lisa Lipton Baldwin, Roswell
- Dustin D. Dukes, Rutledge
The Board voted to accept consent agreements for reinstatement licensure from the following individuals:
- Lonnie James McAdoo, Atlanta
- Felicia McClellan, Marietta
- Belinda Ackley, Silver Creek
The Board voted to terminate the probation sanction for the following individual:
- Sekina Montgomery, Conyers
The Board voted to approve the following dates for 2010 Board meetings:
- Wednesday, January 13 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 14 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 12 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 14 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 11 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 8 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 13 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 8 at 9:30 a.m.
The Board voted to approve the following dates for 2010 citation hearings:
- Monday, January 25 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, February 15 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 22 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, April 19 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, May 17 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, August 23 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, September 20 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, October 18 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, November 15 at 9:30 a.m.
The Board voted to suspend the licenses of two individuals for non-payment of student loans:
- Jennifer R. White, Colbert
- Jacquelin R. Griffiths, Ellenwood
The Board voted to refer the following licensees to the Attorney General’s Office for revocation due to non-payment of citations:
- Robinson His/Hers Hair Design, Albany
- The Hair Shop, Athens
- Gene’s Beauty Salon, Dublin
- Yasmin J Hernandez, Gainesville, FL
- Love Nails, Marietta
- Creative Illusions Hair Gallery, Valdosta
The Board voted to ratify the following cease and desist orders for unlicensed practice:
- Franz Coiffeurs, Atlanta
- Sokhorn Meas, Atlanta
- Sharon Lyle Turner, Bogart
- Bea's For Beauty, Butler
- Trang Nguyen, Cairo
- Curlz Salon, Centerville
- Bernice Durham Brown, College Park
- Khoi Trong Nguyen, Columbus
- Foxy Nails Salon, Dalton
- Adreene McHenry, Decatur
- Leonetta Nichole Bailey, Douglasville
- Phuoc Quang Huyngh, Forsyth
- Strands Hair Salon, Hawkinsville
- Byon D King, Homerville
- Bich Phuong Thi Nguy, Lawrenceville
- Diep X Tran, Lawrenceville
- Nails 4 U Salon, Metter
- Hair Extensions By Nesha's, Milledgeville
- Sone Sone Boutique, Milledgeville
- Elaina Nicole Karras, Newnan
- Paula Yanel Sandoval-Zayas, Norcross
- Van Thi Vo, Norcross
- Cynthia Bullington d/b/a Selective Hairstyles, Pelham
- Its All about Uspa, Statham
- Elecia Candis Mitchell, Union City
- Jeremy Bernard Lauderdale, Union City
- Laraine's Hair Studio Salon, Zebulon
The Board elected Kay Kendrick, Thomson as Chair and re-elected Cynthia Stein, Marietta as Vice Chair.
The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology will hold its next meeting Monday, October 19, 2009 at 9:30 am at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon for the purpose of conducting citation hearings.