Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology at its March 11 Meeting
The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology met Wednesday, March 11, 2009.
The Board voted to adopt the following rule amendments:
- Rule 130-2.03 School Libraries, Amended.
(6) All schools of cosmetology, hair design schools, esthetician schools and schools of nail care shall maintain a library which includes at least one each of the following:
medical dictionary, book on first aid, book on cosmetic chemistry,
history book on hair styles, history book on esthetics, history book on nail care technology, book on basic nutrition, book on theory and practices of beauty culture, book on theory and practices of esthetics, book on theory and practices of nail care, book of instructor training and teaching methods for cosmetology, esthetician, nail technology, and hair design, book on personality and charm, book on primary art, sketching, etc., and at least one book on business management.
- Rule 130-7.04 Fining, Amended.
(1) Failure to have a salon/shop license shall result in the following fine: Unlicensed - $500.00 Expired License - $300.00 (O.C.G.A. 43-10-14. 43-10-10)
(2) Failure to post current salon/shop license or current copy of online verification in an open area shall result in a fine of: $100.00 $150.00. (Rule 130-2-.11(3)
The Board voted to release the following license from suspension for non-payment of student loan:
- Danielle E. Austin, Roberta
The Board voted to accept a voluntary cease and desist order from the following individual:
- Taylor Beth Anderson, Newnan
The Board voted to accept the following consent orders for probationary licensure:
- Ashlee Wall, Marietta
- Debbie Lindley, Macon
- Wendy Michelle Hughes, Waleska
- Lisa Lajuan Thomas, Albany
- Aleem Ngoc Cochran, Albany
- Jeffrey E. McCart, Cataula
- Angel Marie Nichols, Gainesville
- Michelle B. Matthews d/b/a Crazy Cuts Salon, Villa Rica
- Shawnta Latese Johnson-Robinson, Atlanta
- Shanda T. Beamon, Hephzibah
- Jennifer A. Hudson, Gainesville
The Board voted to approve four continuing education providers:
- The Matrix, Decatur
- AJM, Macon
- Advanced Education, Inc., Washington, DC
- Georgia Cosmetology CE Online, Cedar Park, TX
The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology will hold its next meeting Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 9:30 am at the Professional Licensing Boards office in Macon, Georgia.