Actions Taken by the Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors at its October 7 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors held its meeting on Wednesday, October 7, 2009.
The Board voted to post the following rules:
- 553-12-.02: The purpose is to establish continuing education requirements for the residential division.
- 553-12-.03: The purpose is to identify which types of programs will qualify as acceptable continuing education for the residential division.
- 553-12-.04: The purpose is to establish guidelines on continuing education controls and attendance reports for the residential division.
- 553-04-.05: The purpose is to eliminate the requirement for a line of credit for a General Contractor Individual Limited Tier license.
- 553-04-.06: The purpose is to eliminate the requirement for a line of credit for a General Contractor Qualifying Agent Limited Tier license.
The Board voted to ratify 213 general contractor licenses, 189 residential basic licenses and 100 residential light licenses that were issued from August 5, 2009 thru October 6, 2009.
The Board also voted to deny two general contractor licenses, eight residential basic licenses and one residential light license.
The Board voted to accept the following Public Consent Order for probationary licensure:
The Board ratified the Voluntary Cease and Desist orders for the following individuals for unlicensed practice:
- Clifford Merritt, Americus
- Richard Deloach, Claxton
- Fred Bush, Decatur
- Brian Holden, Ellabell
- Dale Fish, Gray
- Michael Oliver, Helena
- Clyde Sawyer, Jonesboro
- David Kehren Jr., Leesburg
- Chris Harris, Perry
- Marc Hoefert, Pine Mountain Valley
- James L. Kerby, Savannah
- Donald James Chancey Jr., Winder
- Rodney Sessions, Young Harris
The Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors will hold its next meeting Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.