Actions Taken by the State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors at its May 6 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors held its meeting on Wednesday, May 6, 2009.
The Board voted to approve 149 residential basic licenses, 100 residential-light licenses, and 251 general contractor licenses. The Board also voted to deny one residential-light contractor license and one general contractor license.
The Board voted to accept the following Public Consent Orders for probationary licensure:
- Henry V. Darby, Jr., Greensboro.
- Stacey Leo Holloway, Norman Park.
- David G. Parks, Austell.
The Board voted to accept a Voluntary Surrender of the licenses of the following:
- Joseph Cantrill Barlow, Brunswick.
- Michael David Favero, Atlanta.
The Board voted to post the following rules:
- 553- 12-.01, License Renewal: Establishes guidelines for licensees to complete an application for renewal of a license.
- 553-12-.02, Continuing Education: The main feature of this rule is to establish requirements of continuing professional education for licensed residential contractors.
- 553-12-.03, Programs Which Qualify: The main feature of this rule is to determine which subject matters are acceptable forms of continuing education.
- 553-12-.04, Controls and Reporting: The main feature of this rule is to establish guidelines regarding evidence of satisfactory completion of continuing education courses.
The State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors will hold its next meeting Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon, Georgia.