Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Barbers at its September 28 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Barbers met on Monday, September 28, 2009 via teleconference.
The Board voted to adopt amendments to the following rules:
- 70-2-.05 Application for Barber License. Amended: This amendment requires that applicants submit proof of passing the written and practical examinations for licensure and allows the Board to request any other information from the applicant required by licensure by law or rule.
- 70-2-.10, Cross-Over Licensing: Adds requirement that the applicant submit evidence of passing the written and practical examination.
- 70-3-.02, Barber School Curriculum. Amended: Amends curriculum for barber schools.
- 70-3-.04, Cross-Over Training Curriculum Requirements for Master Cosmetologist to become a Barber. Amended: Clarifies training requirements for a master cosmetologist to become a barber.
- 70-6-.01, Applicants for Master Barber or Barber Instructor’s License by Examination: Amends rule to define new procedures for applying by examination and explains how emergency situations are handled.
- 70-6-.02, Applicants for Teacher’s License. Reserved: Language in this rule is move to Rule 70-6-.01. This number will be reserved for later use.
- 70-6-.03, Examination and License Fees. Amended: This amendment explains the board agent’s responsibilities in administering examinations; how reasonable accommodations will be made with regard to ADA issues; and examinations are given in English and the passing score for each section will be a minimum scale score of 70 percent.
- 70-6-.04, License Renewal Requirements and Fees. Amended: This amendment changes the late renewal period from six months to two months.
The Board voted to dismiss the remaining balance for a citation against the following establishment:
- Wayne Heard Barber Shop, Cumming
The Board voted to dismiss citations against the following establishments:
- Prestige Barbershop, Marietta
- It’s Official Barbershop, Savannah
The Georgia State Board of Barbers will hold its next meeting Monday, October 26, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.